AUSTRALIA: Quiksilver Catches The Movex Wave
Movex will be deployed across Quiksilver's Australian operations, which include design, merchandising, distribution, sales and finance functions.
Sustained growth over several consecutive years led Quiksilver to review its core business applications and replace its existing disparate systems with the integrated, e-ready Movex application.
According to Quiksilver's managing director, Clive Fitts, the organisation has aggressive plans to expand both in Australia and overseas. "Movex will be one of the critical enablers of Quiksilver's future growth strategy, as it will give us immediate access to our entire corporate information base.
"In fact, we are looking to Movex to provide us with extensive business benefits including more control over inventory levels and improved design, marketing and production decision making," he says.
Other key benefits will be improved customer service, better forecasting for future production requirements and improved cash flow management.
Fitts adds: "More specifically, Movex will provide completely integrated financials and inventory, as well as more accurate forecasting of future payment schedules. As an e-enabled system, it will also record orders than cannot be filled, and reduce duplication and errors relating to the sales order process."
Companies: Quiksilver Inc
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Outdoors sports brand Quiksilver Inc has announced plans to set up a new facility aimed at unifying the operations of its winter sports businesses and advancing the positions of its lifestyle brands....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver Inc says it has upped its ownership in the Rossignol brand to over 95 per cent with over 96 per cent of voting rights....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver has completed its purchase of Skis Rossignol SA and has named Jean-Francois Gautier as the division's president....
US surfwear company Quiksilver Inc has completed its tender offer for the outstanding share capital of winter sports goods business Skis Rossignol SA....
Casual clothing brand Quiksilver Inc has bought the Canadian distributor of DC Shoes it was announced yesterday....
Casual lifestyle clothing company Quiksilver Inc has unveiled a new global management structure to support company growth....
Winter sports goods maker Skis Rossignol SA has sunk into a full-year loss for the year ended 31 March, hurt by inventory write-downs, a slump in the general snowboarding market, and restructuring ac...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack