USA: Quiksilver Completes Acquisition of Australian Trademark Owner
Quiksilver, Inc (NYSE: ZQK) has completed the acquisition of Quiksilver International Pty Ltd, the Australian owner of the worldwide trademark rights to the Quiksilver brand name. Quiksilver, Inc has owned the Quiksilver trademark in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico since 1986. Quiksilver International Pty Ltd has granted a total of 17 license/distribution agreements including those for Quiksilver Inc's current export businesses in Canada, Central and South America and for its European subsidiary, Na Pali. Other significant agreements are with licensees in Australia, Japan, South Africa, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Indonesia, Korea and Turkey (Eastern Europe), several of which have been Quiksilver licensees for over 20 years. Robert B. McKnight, Jr, chairman and chief executive officer of Quiksilver, Inc, said: "We are pleased to have completed this major transaction which will allow us to truly become a dominant global force within the youth market. The pieces are now in place and we look forward to capitalizing on the opportunities that lie ahead."Quiksilver's primary focus is apparel for young men and young women under the Quiksilver, Quiksilver Roxy, Raisins and Radio Fiji labels. Quiksilver also manufactures apparel for boys (Quiksilver Boys), girls (Teenie Wahine and Raisins Girls), men (QS Silver Edition) and women (Leilani), as well as snowboards, snowboard boots and bindings under the Lib Technologies, Gnu and Bent Metal labels. Distribution is primarily in the United States and Europe and is based in surf shops and specialty stores that endeavor to provide an outstanding retail experience for their customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022