USA: Quiksilver Launches Golf Line
Quiksilver has launched a new golf division in partnership with John Ashworth, co-founder of the Ashworth golf apparel company.
"For quite some time we have been analyzing the best way for Quiksilver to enter the golf apparel business. When John originally approached us, we decided to lend him a hand and provide him access to our resources. Now that we've both had time to evaluate this opportunity, we've decided to join forces," said Robert B. McKnight, chairman and CEO of Quiksilver.
Mr Ashworth will serve as president of the new division and will oversee the design process as well as sales and marketing. Robert Redding, a Quiksilver executive, will be the new division's VP of merchandising.
The new line, called Fidra, will be introduced at the upcoming PGA show in Orlando, January 26th through January 29th. The line is designed for young male golfers between the ages of 25 and 40. It is styled from premium cotton and modern blended fabrics.
Companies: Quiksilver Inc
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Outdoors sports brand Quiksilver Inc has announced plans to set up a new facility aimed at unifying the operations of its winter sports businesses and advancing the positions of its lifestyle brands....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver Inc says it has upped its ownership in the Rossignol brand to over 95 per cent with over 96 per cent of voting rights....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver has completed its purchase of Skis Rossignol SA and has named Jean-Francois Gautier as the division's president....
US surfwear company Quiksilver Inc has completed its tender offer for the outstanding share capital of winter sports goods business Skis Rossignol SA....
Casual clothing brand Quiksilver Inc has bought the Canadian distributor of DC Shoes it was announced yesterday....
Casual lifestyle clothing company Quiksilver Inc has unveiled a new global management structure to support company growth....
Winter sports goods maker Skis Rossignol SA has sunk into a full-year loss for the year ended 31 March, hurt by inventory write-downs, a slump in the general snowboarding market, and restructuring ac...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack