USA: Quiksilver Q2 Income Rises 23%
The California-based company also reported higher consolidated revenues of $322.6m for the period, up 23 per cent from $262.2m in the previous second quarter.
According to CEO Robert McKnight, the improved results represented the company's tenth consecutive quarter of out-performance.
"Our brands continue to reach new levels of recognition and acceptance, our operational efficiency continues to improve, and our strategic position has never been stronger," McKnight said.
"Despite the challenging character of the global apparel market, we are prospering and expect to continue to do so as we move forward."
Quiksilver produces apparel and footwear under a variety of brands including Roxy, DC Shoes and Radio Fiji, as well as its namesake label.
Companies: Quiksilver Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Outdoors sports brand Quiksilver Inc has announced plans to set up a new facility aimed at unifying the operations of its winter sports businesses and advancing the positions of its lifestyle brands....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver Inc says it has upped its ownership in the Rossignol brand to over 95 per cent with over 96 per cent of voting rights....
Outdoor sports company Quiksilver has completed its purchase of Skis Rossignol SA and has named Jean-Francois Gautier as the division's president....
US surfwear company Quiksilver Inc has completed its tender offer for the outstanding share capital of winter sports goods business Skis Rossignol SA....
Casual clothing brand Quiksilver Inc has bought the Canadian distributor of DC Shoes it was announced yesterday....
Casual lifestyle clothing company Quiksilver Inc has unveiled a new global management structure to support company growth....
Winter sports goods maker Skis Rossignol SA has sunk into a full-year loss for the year ended 31 March, hurt by inventory write-downs, a slump in the general snowboarding market, and restructuring ac...
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar