US: Quiksilver Q4 sales seen down on last year
Even though outdoor sportswear firm Quiksilver believes its fourth quarter sales have fallen by up to 9% on the same period last year, it says this result is better than expected.
The firm estimates its fourth quarter fiscal 2010 net revenues were between $492m and $497m, compared to net revenues of $538.7m for the fourth quarter ended 31 October.
The company indicated in a sales update that full-year net revenues for fiscal 2010 were between $1,835m and $1,840m, compared to net revenues of $1,977.5m for fiscal 2009.
"These preliminary estimated results are higher than the most recent outlook provided in September, at which time the company had expected fourth quarter revenues to be down in the mid-teens on a percentage basis compared to the same quarter a year ago and anticipated that full-year fiscal 2010 pro-forma Adjusted EBITDA would be up approximately 25% when compared to fiscal 2009," a statement added.
The company plans to issue a press release disclosing fiscal 2010 fourth quarter earnings results soon after the close of market on Thursday 16 December.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Jeans brand Levi's has tapped Laurie Etheridge as the global head of women's merchandising and design, responsible for all product categories across all regions - including the Curve ID denim line whi...
Surf wear company Quiksilver has reported lower earnings and revenues for the first quarter, but expects growth for the rest of the year. ...
Reliance Brands Ltd has inked an exclusive long-term license agreement with US retailer Steven Madden Ltd to bring its footwear and accessories to India....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022