US: Quiksilver stays silent on takeover rumours
US surfwear company Quiksilver has refused to comment on reports it could be the subject of a takeover bid.
The California-based firm issued a statement to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) after its shares soared on media reports this week.
It said: "Quiksilver states that its policy is not to comment on unusual market activity or rumours.
"In view of the unusual market activity in the common stock of Quiksilver, the NYSE has contacted the company in accordance with its usual practice; the company stated that its policy is not to comment on unusual market activity or rumours."
French luxury goods firm PPR Group was reported to be a potential bidder.
"We do not comment on rumours," a spokesperson for PPR told just-style.
Lifestyle apparel company Quiksilver recorded a double-digit rise in second quarter profit as revenues edged up 2% amid a mixed performance in major markets....
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Luxury goods group PPR posted healthy gains in revenue during the first quarter of 2011, thanks to emerging markets which now represent more than 20% of the French company's revenues....
Californian surfwear firm Volcom Inc - which is to be bought by French retailer and luxury goods giant PPR for US$607.5m - has booked a 39% drop in first quarter profit it emerged yesterday (3 May)....
French fashion group PPR has agreed to acquire US active apparel brand Volcom in a deal worth US$607.5m. ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020