USA: Rachel Barnett Joins Perry Ellis As Licensing President
Clothing maker Perry Ellis International Inc has named Oscar de la Renta COO Rachel Barnett as its new president of licensing.
Barnett, a prominent fashion industry executive known for building international distribution networks for fashion licenses, will report to chairman and chief executive officer George Feldenkreis.
She will be dealing with the management and growth of Perry Ellis' brands, concentrating on expansion into new product sectors and markets.
The company currently markets more than 100 licenses worldwide for a range of brands in diverse distribution channels, including Perry Ellis, Jantzen, Munsingwear and Cubavera.
At Oscar de la Renta Ltd for the past 10 years, Barnett was responsible for all ready-to-wear and accessory sales, manufacturing, brand management, licensing, strategic planning and retail relationships.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Design consultant George Davies, who last week announced his departure from Marks & Spencer's Per Una fashion brand, is planning to establish a stand-alone clothing chain to rival M&S....
Perry Ellis International Inc has signed a multi-year agreement with the Miami Dolphins and Dolphins Stadium to promote the company's brands at football games....
Clothing producer and licensor Perry Ellis International Inc says it experienced a slimmed-down second-quarter loss as strong men's wholesale business and a recent acquisition pushed up revenue....
President of apparel group Perry Ellis International's men's wear unit, Douglas Jakubowski, is quitting the company on 5 August to pursue other interests....
Apparel and accessories company Perry Ellis International Inc has netted two new licensing deals for its goods to be made and sold in the South Pacific and Canada....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has entered into a license deal with LUPO International for the manufacture and distribution of Mondo di Marco men's dress and casual shoes within the US an...
Large-scale apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has signed a deal with children's apparel maker Weeplay LLC to extend the Original Penguin brand to newborn, infant and toddler sizes....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International Inc has appointed Paul Rosengard as group president of the company's premium brands, as of 1 August 2005....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective