ITALY: RadiciGroup hails "positive" 2013
Italian yarn maker RadiciGroup said it had a "positive" 2013 with improvements in each of its divisions and despite the challenging economic situation in Europe.
The company said volumes were up for many of its tailor-made solutions in 2013, and it closed the year with greater market share in many of its polyester market sectors.
RadiciGroup, which operates three production and processing sites in Italy and Switzerland, said its last fiscal was "a positive one" for the company.
"Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, we managed to grow and gain a good share for our products in our chief target markets," said Paolo Radici, CEO of the RadiciGroup PET yarn business unit. "All three of our companies achieved improvement: the two Italian sites in Chignolo d'Isola and Andalo Valtellino, and the Swiss facility in Stabio."
The company said there are a number of development projects in the pipeline, including new multi-functional products such as yarns endowed with a combination of properties achieved through special additives.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide