ITALY: RadiciGroup hails "positive" 2013
Italian yarn maker RadiciGroup said it had a "positive" 2013 with improvements in each of its divisions and despite the challenging economic situation in Europe.
The company said volumes were up for many of its tailor-made solutions in 2013, and it closed the year with greater market share in many of its polyester market sectors.
RadiciGroup, which operates three production and processing sites in Italy and Switzerland, said its last fiscal was "a positive one" for the company.
"Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, we managed to grow and gain a good share for our products in our chief target markets," said Paolo Radici, CEO of the RadiciGroup PET yarn business unit. "All three of our companies achieved improvement: the two Italian sites in Chignolo d'Isola and Andalo Valtellino, and the Swiss facility in Stabio."
The company said there are a number of development projects in the pipeline, including new multi-functional products such as yarns endowed with a combination of properties achieved through special additives.
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead