ITALY: RadiciGroup hails "positive" 2013
Italian yarn maker RadiciGroup said it had a "positive" 2013 with improvements in each of its divisions and despite the challenging economic situation in Europe.
The company said volumes were up for many of its tailor-made solutions in 2013, and it closed the year with greater market share in many of its polyester market sectors.
RadiciGroup, which operates three production and processing sites in Italy and Switzerland, said its last fiscal was "a positive one" for the company.
"Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, we managed to grow and gain a good share for our products in our chief target markets," said Paolo Radici, CEO of the RadiciGroup PET yarn business unit. "All three of our companies achieved improvement: the two Italian sites in Chignolo d'Isola and Andalo Valtellino, and the Swiss facility in Stabio."
The company said there are a number of development projects in the pipeline, including new multi-functional products such as yarns endowed with a combination of properties achieved through special additives.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled