ITALY: RadiciGroup hails "positive" 2013
Italian yarn maker RadiciGroup said it had a "positive" 2013 with improvements in each of its divisions and despite the challenging economic situation in Europe.
The company said volumes were up for many of its tailor-made solutions in 2013, and it closed the year with greater market share in many of its polyester market sectors.
RadiciGroup, which operates three production and processing sites in Italy and Switzerland, said its last fiscal was "a positive one" for the company.
"Despite the difficult economic situation in Europe, we managed to grow and gain a good share for our products in our chief target markets," said Paolo Radici, CEO of the RadiciGroup PET yarn business unit. "All three of our companies achieved improvement: the two Italian sites in Chignolo d'Isola and Andalo Valtellino, and the Swiss facility in Stabio."
The company said there are a number of development projects in the pipeline, including new multi-functional products such as yarns endowed with a combination of properties achieved through special additives.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam