UK: Ralph Lauren nets Wimbledon tennis sponsorship
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren will be the first ever outfitter of the Wimbledon tennis tournament with a newly announced five-year global partnership.
Ralph Lauren will kit out all on-court officials including chair umpires, line umpires and ball persons until 2010.
The company's chairman and chief executive Ralph Lauren said: "I have long been inspired by the rich heritage and traditions of England. I am thrilled to be partnering with the All England Club /Wimbledon and playing a major role in such a historic sporting event".
Wimbledon chief executive Ian Ritchie said: "Wimbledon and Polo share the same non-compromising standards and determination to maintain and enhance the values for which our two brands are famous throughout the world.
"The Polo brand will bring to Wimbledon the look of timeless elegance, drawing on our rich history and traditions."
Inkeeping with the company's recent sports marketing initiative, the Wimbledon partnership is the second tennis Grand Slam tournament where Ralph Lauren will serve as the official apparel sponsor. The company last year announced a four-year partnership with the USTA, establishing Ralph Lauren as the Official Apparel Sponsor of the US Open through 2008.
The Polo Ralph Lauren Wimbledon Collection will be sold at select retail stores, including Ralph Lauren freestanding stores, and online at Polo.com.
Polo Ralph Lauren's partnership with Wimbledon starts with this year's championship.
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
The United States Polo Association and apparel company Jordache Limited have been granted the right to use horse logos on their goods after a court case concluded they do not infringe on the trademark...
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation says it enjoyed a fourfold growth in first-quarter profit due to good demand for spring and summer collections....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Scott Bowman as president, international business development....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack