USA: Ralph Lauren Q1 Income Slumps To $8.7 Million
The company said adjusted income was $8.7 million, or nine cents per share, compared to pro forma adjusted income of $13.6m, or 14 cents a share in 2001. The adjusted results exclude gains and losses on foreign currency translations.
Revenue fell 1.1 per cent to $467m from $472m, with gains in the retail segment and the European wholesale business offset by an expected decline in the men's domestic wholesale business.
Retail sales climbed to $227.1m from $217.8m, while wholesale sales slipped to $186.7m from $201.8m, both on a pro forma basis.
In a statement, the marketer of the Polo and Ralph Lauren brands and operator of 237 stores reaffirmed its previous full-year earnings guidance of $1.80-$1.90 per share and previous second-quarter guidance of 48-53 cents.
"While the overall environment remains challenging, we are continuing to strengthen our worldwide market position and are investing in our future growth," said chairman and CEO, Ralph Lauren.
"Our most recent men's collection show in Europe was highly acclaimed and demonstrates the strong and growing appeal of our brand in this large market. Our women's collection continues to be well received, giving us great confidence in the much anticipated launch of our Blue Label line this fall both here and in Europe."
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
The United States Polo Association and apparel company Jordache Limited have been granted the right to use horse logos on their goods after a court case concluded they do not infringe on the trademark...
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation says it enjoyed a fourfold growth in first-quarter profit due to good demand for spring and summer collections....
Luxury goods giant Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has completed the acquisition of Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc from sportswear company Reebok International Ltd....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Jonathan Drucker as senior vice president, general counsel, as of 18 July 2005....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corp has reported a dive in first-quarter net income, affected by expenses due to litigation and restructuring....
Luxury goods group Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to buy back its global licensee for footwear, Ralph Lauren Footwear Co Inc, off sportswear giant Reebok International...
Luxury goods company Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation has named Scott Bowman as president, international business development....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020