US: Randa completes acquisition of Swank
Randa Accessories Leather Goods has completed its acquisition of Swank, a designer and marketer of men's and women's belts, and men's leather accessories, jewelery and suspenders.
Randa said it paid US$10 per share, or approximately US$57.3m for the business. Swank will continue to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Randa, led by Swank chairman and CEO John Tulin.
"We are very pleased that Swank is joining our family of companies," said Randa CEO Jeffrey Spiegel.
"The strategic benefits of this combination are clear and we are happy to have provided terms that were financially attractive for Swank's stockholders. Randa continues to invest in the future of our company, our associates, and our retail and brand partners. This acquisition provides additional classifications, points-of-sale, brands, and scale to our growing business."
PVH's acquisition of Warnaco will have the obvious benefit of uniting the Calvin Klein brand, but PVH chairman and CEO Emanuel Chirico also emphasised the potential to leverage Warnaco's strong platfo...
Premium lifestyle brand Tommy Hilfiger is joining forces with Brazil-based Inbrands to distribute its products in the country....
Clothing maker PVH is to buy rival The Warnaco Group in a cash-and-stock deal worth about $2.9bn that also brings together all Calvin Klein apparel categories in one place for a single vision of the b...
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
The production of sustainable apparel in China has a "blind spot" that wastes large amounts of energy and water, and causes pollution problems, says a new report....
Apparel maker PVH Corp has extended its licensing agreement with Geoffrey Been to design manufacture, produce and distribute dress shirts until 2021. ...
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019