INDIA: Raymond extends men's suits contract with Konaka
Textile and apparel group Raymond has renewed its contract with men's wear retailer Konaka and sourcing and manufacturing firm Lims International.
The renewal follows the successful completion of the original two-year deal, which has seen Raymond's plant Silver Spark Apparel producing half-canvas men's suits to Konaka.
Raymond will supply up to 150,000 suits a year as part of the agreement.
"With the support of partners such as Konaka, we will forge ahead into the global arena," said Gautam Singhania, CMD, Raymond.
"If we are to work with an Indian company, we cannot think of any company other than Raymond" said Kensuke Konaka, president of Konaka.
Raymond has three garment-making plants in Bangalore, India as well as a design studio in Milan, Italy.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020