INDIA : Raymond Group Declares Loss In Q2
Indian diversified textiles and steel firm Raymond Ltd has declared a loss of $32m for Q2 ending 30 September. Raymond sold its steel division in early September to EBG, a subsidiary of Thyssen Krupp Stahl for $89m, making a book loss of $36m. Raymond received $83m on September 9 from this sale, the rest was received as equity in the new steel company. The company intended to use a major part of this to retire a part of its $161m debt. Raymond's net profit before tax (NPbT) this quarter is $3.65m on a sale of $74m versus $11.54m on a sale of $79.5m in Q2 of 1999. Raymond textiles is an established player in the menswear market, and sells under the Raymond, Parx, and Park Avenue brands. It has its own extensive retail chain, with tailoring facilities, in every large Indian city. Raymond proudly advertises that one of its suit can be repaired with matching buttons and accessories anywhere in India. The company has been negotiating to buy ColorPlus Fashions, which has created a major apparel brand in the premium smart/casual segment. Madura of Indian Rayon and Indus League, owners of the Indigo Nation brand, are in competition with Raymond for ColorPlus.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack