INDIA : Raymond Group Declares Loss In Q2
Indian diversified textiles and steel firm Raymond Ltd has declared a loss of $32m for Q2 ending 30 September. Raymond sold its steel division in early September to EBG, a subsidiary of Thyssen Krupp Stahl for $89m, making a book loss of $36m. Raymond received $83m on September 9 from this sale, the rest was received as equity in the new steel company. The company intended to use a major part of this to retire a part of its $161m debt. Raymond's net profit before tax (NPbT) this quarter is $3.65m on a sale of $74m versus $11.54m on a sale of $79.5m in Q2 of 1999. Raymond textiles is an established player in the menswear market, and sells under the Raymond, Parx, and Park Avenue brands. It has its own extensive retail chain, with tailoring facilities, in every large Indian city. Raymond proudly advertises that one of its suit can be repaired with matching buttons and accessories anywhere in India. The company has been negotiating to buy ColorPlus Fashions, which has created a major apparel brand in the premium smart/casual segment. Madura of Indian Rayon and Indus League, owners of the Indigo Nation brand, are in competition with Raymond for ColorPlus.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020