INDIA: Raymond Q3 earnings soar to $9.2m
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd saw its earnings soar in the third quarter on the back of growth in all of its businesses.
Net profit in the three months to the end of December reached INR570m (US$9.2m) compared to earnings of INR130m a year earlier.
Sales were up 15% to INR12.07bn from INR1.05bn in the comparable period last year.
Textile segment sales grew 8% to INR5.43bn, while apparel sales were up 15% to INR2.5bn. Garment sector sales climbed 45% to INR1.04bn and the firm's denim business witnessed sales growth of 8% to INR2.35bn.
"We have ended the third quarter on a positive note, despite subdued discretionary spend witnessed in the month of December 2013," said chairman and MD, Gautam Hari Singhania.
"Our focus on profitability through margin expansion across key business segment has led to a strong bottom line growth in the current quarter as well as for the period till date."
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd saw its share price tumble 4.37% after revealing a drop in second-quarter earnings....
Raymond Ltd is increasing its manufacturing capacity and export capacity to cater to the growing demand for suits in the world by adding more colours and shades. It is also concentrating on the beauty...
Raymond Ltd is a part of the parent company Raymond Group. The company is synonymous with premium textiles for men’s suits and apparel. As the company’s retail structure involves exclusive mono-brand ...
Current value sales of men’s outerwear increased by 12% in 2012 to record sales of Rs830 billion, compared to the previous year’s value sales growth of 11%....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020