INDIA: Raymond Q3 earnings soar to $9.2m
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd saw its earnings soar in the third quarter on the back of growth in all of its businesses.
Net profit in the three months to the end of December reached INR570m (US$9.2m) compared to earnings of INR130m a year earlier.
Sales were up 15% to INR12.07bn from INR1.05bn in the comparable period last year.
Textile segment sales grew 8% to INR5.43bn, while apparel sales were up 15% to INR2.5bn. Garment sector sales climbed 45% to INR1.04bn and the firm's denim business witnessed sales growth of 8% to INR2.35bn.
"We have ended the third quarter on a positive note, despite subdued discretionary spend witnessed in the month of December 2013," said chairman and MD, Gautam Hari Singhania.
"Our focus on profitability through margin expansion across key business segment has led to a strong bottom line growth in the current quarter as well as for the period till date."
Indian textile and clothing group Raymond Ltd saw its share price tumble 4.37% after revealing a drop in second-quarter earnings....
Raymond Ltd is a part of the parent company Raymond Group. The company is synonymous with premium textiles for men’s suits and apparel. As the company’s retail structure involves exclusive mono-brand ...
2013 was a good year for retailing in India as income levels increased for much of the Indian population. Improvements in the economy encouraged consumers to spend more, benefiting non-grocery retaile...
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Vietnam seen biggest beneficiary of TPP trade pact
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review