INDIA: Rayon Factory Workers Stage Bonus Payment Strike
Up to 5,000 workers at the Indian Rayon factory in Veraval have staged a one-day strike following a row about bonuses.
The furious workers blocked officers and disrupted production at the plant on Wednesday in a protest estimated to have cost the company Rs 45 lakh..
Union leaders are demanding bonuses of 20 per cent while managers have offered only the customary eight per cent.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022