FRANCE: Record Profit Growth Of 31 Per Cent For LVMH
LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury products group, today announced an increase of 31 per cent in operating profit, rising to 762m Euros for the first half of 2000. In Euro million 30/6/99 30/6/00 ChangeTurnover 3,599 5,032 + 40%Income from operations 581 762 + 31%Net income beforeamortization ofgoodwill and unusual items 309 374 + 21%This record performance is explained by the extraordinary success of the Group's products throughout the world. Global economic growth has certainly contributed to these developments. But thanks to the creativity of its teams, the LVMH Group has once again proved itself to be unique in the luxury sector, furthering its leading position in numerous areas such as leather goods (with Louis Vuitton in particular) and fragrances, the company said. Once again, the group has increased its market share in all its areas of activity. Excluding investments in the technical launch of websites at the beginning of the year, growth in income from operations and net income before amortization of goodwill and unusual items was 37 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar