USA: Record Second-Quarter 2000 Results For Big Dog Holdings
Big Dog Holdings Inc (Nasdaq:BDOG), a developer, marketer and retailer of branded, lifestyle consumer products, today reported the financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000. Financial Results For the quarter ended June 30, 2000, net income increased 41 per cent to a second-quarter record of $1,038,000, as compared with $734,000 for the second quarter 1999. Earnings per share increased 50 per cent to $.09, as compared with $.06 for the same period last year. Net sales increased to $26,205,000 as compared with $24,093,000 in the second quarter 1999. The increase in net income is attributable to improvement in operating efficiencies and increased revenue, partially offset by a small decrease in gross margin. At the close of the quarter, the company had 199 retail stores, representing a net increase of 18 stores since June 30, 1999. Notably, the company's comparable stores sales growth was 2.1 per cent for the second quarter. Commenting on the results, CEO Andrew Feshbach stated: "We believe we are in a strong position with our fall merchandise and look forward to the second half of the year, which has always been the strongest and most profitable for our company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022