AUSTRALIA: Record Year For David Jones
David Jones Limited ('David Jones') today announced a record full year profit result including a 22.4 per cent rise in profit after tax and before abnormals to $50.1m for the 52 weeks ended 29 July, 2000. Earnings before income tax, interest and abnormals increased 32.6 per cent from $67.1m in 1998/1999 to $89 million in 1999/2000. The 1999/2000 result relates to a 52 week period versus a 53 week period for the previous year and includes the recently acquired Aherns department store business in Western Australia. As previously reported, sales revenue increased 12.8 per cent for the year, to $1.53bn. This figure encompasses sales both prior to and after the GST changes on July 1. On 52-week comparable basis, sales were up 14.4 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack