AUSTRALIA: Record Year For David Jones
David Jones Limited ('David Jones') today announced a record full year profit result including a 22.4 per cent rise in profit after tax and before abnormals to $50.1m for the 52 weeks ended 29 July, 2000. Earnings before income tax, interest and abnormals increased 32.6 per cent from $67.1m in 1998/1999 to $89 million in 1999/2000. The 1999/2000 result relates to a 52 week period versus a 53 week period for the previous year and includes the recently acquired Aherns department store business in Western Australia. As previously reported, sales revenue increased 12.8 per cent for the year, to $1.53bn. This figure encompasses sales both prior to and after the GST changes on July 1. On 52-week comparable basis, sales were up 14.4 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020