FRANCE: Redcats sells Sportsman's Guide and Golf Warehouse
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse businesses, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities including hunting and golf, to Northern Tool + Equipment (NTE) for US$215m.
Redcats has transferred the shares of the two catalogue and internet retailers to NTE, which sells tools and power equipment online, via catalogues and at stores across the US.
The Sportsman's Guide, The Golf Warehouse and NTE are expected to continue to run as standalone retail brands and businesses, while benefiting from common commercial opportunities, synergies and large economies of scale.
The acquisition marks a step forward in the restructuring of PPR as it works to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses.
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
US apparel, footwear and accessories business The Jones Group has appointed Milton Pappas to the newly-created role of president of e-commerce....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects