FRANCE: Redcats sells Sportsman's Guide and Golf Warehouse
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse businesses, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities including hunting and golf, to Northern Tool + Equipment (NTE) for US$215m.
Redcats has transferred the shares of the two catalogue and internet retailers to NTE, which sells tools and power equipment online, via catalogues and at stores across the US.
The Sportsman's Guide, The Golf Warehouse and NTE are expected to continue to run as standalone retail brands and businesses, while benefiting from common commercial opportunities, synergies and large economies of scale.
The acquisition marks a step forward in the restructuring of PPR as it works to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses.
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
US apparel, footwear and accessories business The Jones Group has appointed Milton Pappas to the newly-created role of president of e-commerce....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
French apparel group PPR is changing its name to Kering as it looks to position itself as a luxury and sportswear business....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts