FRANCE: Redcats sells Sportsman's Guide and Golf Warehouse
The Redcats mail order unit of French retail group PPR has sold its Sportsman's Guide and The Golf Warehouse businesses, which sell clothing and accessories for outdoor activities including hunting and golf, to Northern Tool + Equipment (NTE) for US$215m.
Redcats has transferred the shares of the two catalogue and internet retailers to NTE, which sells tools and power equipment online, via catalogues and at stores across the US.
The Sportsman's Guide, The Golf Warehouse and NTE are expected to continue to run as standalone retail brands and businesses, while benefiting from common commercial opportunities, synergies and large economies of scale.
The acquisition marks a step forward in the restructuring of PPR as it works to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses.
Gucci has lost the latest bout in a trademark battle against Guess in Italy. ...
Ralph Lauren has confirmed the appointment of former Gucci executive Laura Lendrum to the position of president of the group's US stores division....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) saw first-quarter revenue edge up 1%, driven by growth in its luxury division....
US apparel, footwear and accessories business The Jones Group has appointed Milton Pappas to the newly-created role of president of e-commerce....
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
French luxury group Kering has closed the sale of its Vertbaudet and Cyrillus children and family clothing brands to the Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 for EUR119m (US$153.9m)....
French luxury group PPR, which will be renamed Kering in June, has acquired French crocodile skin company France Croco. ...
French apparel group PPR is changing its name to Kering as it looks to position itself as a luxury and sportswear business....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras