FRANCE: Redcats to sell Ellos brand to Nordic Capital
The company said the sale of the Scandinavian home shopping brands will mark a further step forward in the restructuring of PPR as it works to focus on its luxury and sportswear businesses.
Nordic Capital Private Equity Funds invest in large and medium-sized companies, primarily in the Nordic region.
PPR has been slowly divesting brands from its Redcats division after it failed to find a buyer for the whole business. The company completed the sale of its OneStopPlus US plus sized clothing business to private equity firms Charlesbank Capital Partners and Webster Capital earlier this month.
The retail group entered into negotiations with Alpha Private Equity Fund 6 (APEF 6) last month for the sale of Redcats' Cyrillus and Vertbaudet children and family clothing brands for EUR119m.
PPR earlier this month said it was confident of continued growth in 2013, after posting an increase in full-year net profit as strong sales of its luxury brands offset weakness in its sports division.
Asia, particularly China, will continue to drive growth in the luxury market despite a slight slowdown in recent years, according to new research. ...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners (TIP) has completed its acquisition of French department store chain Printemps, in a deal that is estimated to be worth EUR1.8bn (US$2.4bn)....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
French luxury and sportswear group Kering, owner of the Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent brands, has seen its first-half profit plummet 64% after it was weighed down by a loss on the sale ...
The report provides a review of M&As, capital-raising, partnering deals, and agreements entered into by retail companies during December 2012....
French luxury and sportswear group Kering (formerly known as PPR) has appointed Alexandre de Brettes as CEO of its designer brand Christopher Kane....
French luxury group Kering has set up an advisory group to help advise and advance its sustainability strategy....
- Alliance and Accord urged to harmonise efforts
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- Tesco update: What the analysts say
- China cuts cotton imports to boost domestic sales
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Apparel is third-largest re-shored US sector
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Fashion brands support Cambodia wage rise
- China dye-maker to shut after desert pollution
- Trial cotton subsidy scheme underway in China
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report