UK: Redundant Sock Workers Get New Year Boost
Sacked workers from the Leicester area have received a much needed boost in the New Year with the news that textile companies in the area are on the look out for extra workers. Almost 200 workers were made redundant from the Sock Co when the firm went into administrative receivership, but, according to union leaders, other textile firms in the area are looking for extra workers to meet growing product demand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth