US: Reebok and Hasbro launch Play-Doh shoe range
Sports firm Reebok has joined with toy firm Hasbro for a collection of Play-Doh toddlers' footwear.
The trainers, which have been specially developed for the needs of one- to three-year-olds, contain Play-Doh compound-inspired gel-cushioning material in the heels.
They also feature Reebok's Versaflex technology, which uses grooves in the outsole that allow for proper foot and arch development, wide upper construction that matches the natural shape of toddlers' feet, and lightweight materials that permit children to walk naturally.
"Kids have been unleashing their imagination by creating masterpieces with their hands and the beloved Play-Doh modelling compound for 50 years," said Leigh Anne Cappello, VP of marketing for Hasbro's preschool brands.
"The combination of Reebok's Versaflex technology, designed to meet the needs of toddlers' growing feet, combined with the rainbow of bright Play-Doh compound colours, makes these kickers appealing for both kids and their moms."
'Reebok Play-Doh' trainers are available at Kids Footlocker, Sears and Shoe Show stores throughout the US. The shoes retail for around US$30 and come with two one-ounce cans of Play-Doh modelling compound.
Collaborations such as this on children's apparel and shoes can be lucrative for companies. Other such deals include Payless ShoeSource's and Crocs' deals with Disney, and Benetton's deal with Barbie for the 'Barbie Loves Benetton' range.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nike has reportedly settled its lawsuit with running shoe maker Brooks over the logo design on one of its footwear lines....
Burani Designer Holding, the Italian fashion and lifestyle group that owns leading brand Mariella Burani, has raised EUR130m (US$173.3m) in a London flotation to grow its business, banking sources con...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is expanding its presence in India with the launch of its Under Colours lingerie line, and says it also intends to strengthen its children's wear offering over the next ...
Apparel retailer Goody's Family Clothing is launching an exclusive new fashion line by actress Ashley Judd this autumn....
Italian fashion brand Moschino is poised to expand into the Chinese market after signing a distribution agreement with Hong Kong based Hembly International....
Nirmal 'Trip' Tripathy has joined The TJX Companies as executive vice president and chief financial officer....
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource has signed a deal with fashion designer Stacey Bendet to create an exclusive footwear collection for its stores....
A series of extraordinary items lifted Sears Holdings Corp's first quarter profits despite lower sales....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective