USA: Reebok Awards $250,000 Grant To Unicef
The $250,000 grant, to be distributed over the next three years, was issued as part of the 2004 Reebok Human Rights Award ceremony this week.
According to US Fund for Unicef president Charles Lyons, many child labourers in developing countries were denied education, basic health care and adequate nutrition.
"Exploitative child labour is an unconscionable practice that must end," he said.
"Unicef recognises that this is a fight that cannot be won without allies in the private sector.
"Reebok's grant is a welcome partnership that we hope will become a trend."
The Asian and Pacific regions harbour a total of 127.3 million child labourers in the five-to-14-year-old age group.
Companies: Reebok International
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
German sports goods group adidas-Salomon says it expects no further review by US competition authorities of its planned takeover of rival company US-based Reebok....
Mike Skinner, who fronts UK urban music act The Streets, has won a deal to be the new face of US sportswear giant Reebok....
The world's second-biggest sportswear maker, adidas-Salomon, has announced that it is buying smaller rival Reebok in a deal worth €3.1 billion....
L&M Resources Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Victory Capital Holdings Corporation, has bought the sales and distribution rights to the Reebok Retro Sports Tee Shirt line for all of Mexico and South...
Sports goods company Reebok International Ltd has reported an increased second-quarter profit, encouraged by good international sales....
Global sportswear company Reebok has netted a long-term partnership deal with multi platinum-selling hip-hop music star Nelly....
Reebok Norway AS, the Norwegian unit of sportswear company Reebok, saw 2004 turnover almost half from 2002 turnover....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts