US: Reebok joins line-up at smart fabrics and wearable tech show
The event, which is being held at the Merchant Exchange in San Francisco, California, from 23-25 April, will feature the latest developments and innovation within smart fabrics and wearable technology.
According to Barbara Fowler, conference director for Smithers Apex, which is organising the event, "smart fabrics and wearable technology are becoming mainstream products because of the people who attend our conference".
IBM, Misfit Wearables, Georgia Institute of Technology, warmX, hi-Fun are also among the companies which will be presenting at the thirteenth annual conference.
In November, it was announced that Stacey Burr, vice president of wearable sports electronics at Adidas; Hap Klopp, chairman at Obscura Digital; Dr Tricia Wilson, president and principal at Fabric Works; and Kunigunde Cherenack, research scientist at Philips Research, will present at the show.
The main aims set out in adidas's 'Route 2015' plan are for financial growth and improved profitability. A look at the company's recent performance shows that some progress has been made, particularly...
Instead of our regular roundup of the most-read stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top news stories on just-style in 2014. Minim...
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
Reebok International has acquired UK-based boxing and martial arts apparel brand Luta for an undisclosed sum....
The most-read stories on just-style this week included the possible sale of Adidas's Reebok brand, figures that suggest UK textile sector wages and productivity are the lowest of all the country's man...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020