US: Reebok lays off 150 amid restructuring plans
Sportswear brand Reebok is set to lay off 150 staff, and close its Hong Kong and Amsterdam offices, as part of plans to streamline its business.
The decision follows the reorganisation of the Reebok Brand Team into six core business units focusing on Training, Running, Walking, Studio, Classics and Kids.
"Today, we continued this reorganisation with the implementation of a new global-direct operating model between the global organisation in Canton, Massachusetts and our markets, and a streamlining our satellite creation activities," said Reebok chief marketing officer Matt O'Toole.
"These changes, which will go into effect January, 2013, will increase our effectiveness, our speed to market and our efficiency."
"Approximately 65 employees at our Canton headquarters and 85 employees at our regional offices were unfortunately impacted by this restructure.
"While I am convinced Reebok will emerge a stronger organisation and ultimately a more desirable brand for our fitness lifestyle consumer following today's announcement, this is a difficult day for all of us. I want to publicly thank our employees for their years of service and dedication to the company."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details