US: Reebok recalls children's windsuits after choking incident
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission and sports company Reebok have announced a voluntary recall of a children's windsuit made by Adjmi Apparel Group.
The windsuits in question are full-zip boys' polyester jackets and trousers sets with a cotton lining and the name Reebok and/or Reebok's Vector logo embroidered on the chest of the jacket.
The Commission said the Reebok logo appliqué on the clear rubber zip pull can detach, posing a choking or aspiration hazard to young children.
Consumers are being asked to return the suit - of which there are about 55,000 - for a replacement or to cut off and discard the zip.
Reebok has received one report of a child that began to choke from a detached Reebok logo applique.
The company recalled 300,000 charm bracelets in March after a four-year-old boy died from lead poisoning after ingesting one of the charms.
Now that India is no longer constrained by quotas, its intrinsic competitiveness is being revealed. Even though China has made bigger gains in market share last year, India's impressive performance me...
A new report from the Ethical Trading Action Group (ETAG) says Levi Strauss, Reebok, Mountain Equipment, Adidas and Gap Inc are among the best when it comes to telling consumers about their labour sta...
Sporting goods leader Nike has signed a deal for a new credit line allowing it to borrow up to US$1bn, sparking off more rumours it could be planning to make a bid for smaller market player Puma....
Patricia Ippoliti and Aaron Fleishaker have joined United Retail Group as senior vice presidents of human resources and real estates, respectively....
Sports brand Reebok has signed a multi-year deal expanding its partnership with Major League Baseball (MLB) Properties....
Adidas has beaten market forecasts with higher third-quarter net profit but said it was slashing its forecast for 2007 as it ploughs money into the Reebok brand....
A Sri Lankan garment company, Bernard Botejue Industries, has bagged the Best Performing Supplier Award from UK's Sainsbury's....
Sports goods firm Adidas confirmed to just-style today (6 November) that two of its Indonesian suppliers have shut down with another one to follow....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020