US: Reebok settles Tebow lawsuit with Nike
"We're pleased to have reached a mutually agreeable resolution," Reebok said in a statement.
Last week, Reebok was told to stop making, selling and shipping the apparel following Tebow’s move from the Denver Broncos to the Jets in March.
The order granted to Nike specifies Reebok should offer to buy back apparel and recall it from shipping channels, but did not force Reebok to destroy allegedly unauthorised products.
Nike has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Anyone believing that human rights abuses are endemic in offshore production should compare the levels of protection afforded to factory workers in the developing world supplying major Western brands ...
Sportswear brand Nike recorded a decline in first-quarter net income as profits and orders in China slumped. ...
Adidas has been ordered to stop manufacturing and distributing its Adizero Primeknit shoe in Germany, after Nike was granted an interim injunction for patent infringement. ...
Adidas has made dramatic cuts to the long-term revenue targets for its Reebok brand, which has been impacted by lost business in the US and fraud allegations in India....
Sporting goods giant Nike has announced a new, four-year programme to repurchase US$8bn-worth of Class B shares of its common stock....
Footwear specialist Crocs has appointed Dale Bathum as chief product officer responsible for design and development, as well as expanding the brand internationally....
Reebok, which is owned by sporting goods giant Adidas, has removed the position of global president, moving Ulrich Becker to president of the brand's North American business....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Seth Ellison as president of its global Dockers brand to manage its strategic direction, product development, marketing and business operations. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead