USA: Reebok Signs NFL Quarterback Doug Flutie
Reebok has announced that it has signed a multi-year endorsement contract with former Boston College stand-out and current Buffalo Bills quarterback, Doug Flutie. Under the agreement, Flutie will perform on field in Reebok footwear, as well as participate in the company's marketing initiatives. During each NFL game, Flutie will wear the Reebok Slipper football cleat. Inspired by the track cleat, the Reebok Slipper is designed to enhance the speed of the athlete. In early 2001, Flutie will be featured in an execution of the successful Reebok Classic print advertising campaign. The Reebok Classic campaign reflects the values of authenticity, timelessness and individual style. The ads, shot by world-renowned photographer Bert Stern, are dramatic black and white portraits of people wearing Reebok Classic footwear. Celebrities who have been featured in the Reebok Classic campaign include Queen Latifah and Samuel L. Jackson. Flutie's football career has been exceptional. He remains the only quarterback in CFL history to be hold five Most Outstanding Player of the Year awards (1991-1994, 1996). After an outstanding career in the Canadian Football League, Flutie returned to the National Football League in 1998. In 1999, Flutie was named starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. In 1998, he was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022