USA: Reebok Signs NFL Quarterback Doug Flutie
Reebok has announced that it has signed a multi-year endorsement contract with former Boston College stand-out and current Buffalo Bills quarterback, Doug Flutie. Under the agreement, Flutie will perform on field in Reebok footwear, as well as participate in the company's marketing initiatives. During each NFL game, Flutie will wear the Reebok Slipper football cleat. Inspired by the track cleat, the Reebok Slipper is designed to enhance the speed of the athlete. In early 2001, Flutie will be featured in an execution of the successful Reebok Classic print advertising campaign. The Reebok Classic campaign reflects the values of authenticity, timelessness and individual style. The ads, shot by world-renowned photographer Bert Stern, are dramatic black and white portraits of people wearing Reebok Classic footwear. Celebrities who have been featured in the Reebok Classic campaign include Queen Latifah and Samuel L. Jackson. Flutie's football career has been exceptional. He remains the only quarterback in CFL history to be hold five Most Outstanding Player of the Year awards (1991-1994, 1996). After an outstanding career in the Canadian Football League, Flutie returned to the National Football League in 1998. In 1999, Flutie was named starting quarterback for the Buffalo Bills. In 1998, he was named the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores