CANADA: Reebok Wins Football League Kit Deal
Sportswear firm Reebok Canada on Tuesday revealed it had scored a "multi-million dollar" deal with the Canadian Football League (CFL) to become the official supplier to the CFL from 2004.
The agreement will see Reebok provide uniforms, sideline apparel, footwear, gloves and accessories to all CFL member clubs.
In the largest licensing partnership in the history of the CFL, Reebok also becomes an integrated marketing partner over the term of the multi-year deal.
"Our ability to secure this landmark agreement stems from the ongoing growth this League has enjoyed over the past several years," said Tom Wright, commissioner of the CFL.
"Joining forces with Reebok places the CFL's most important licensed category in the hands of a company that has proven itself to be among the very best in the sports world."
"The power of the Reebok brand within Canada will continue to grow with this long term partnership," added David Yellowlees, CEO Reebok Canada, in a joint statement.
"The heritage of the CFL and the future opportunities this alliance brings together are tremendous. "
In addition to the CFL, Reebok has long term global licensing partnerships with the NFL, NBA, and Liverpool FC.
Companies: Reebok International
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
German sports goods group adidas-Salomon says it expects no further review by US competition authorities of its planned takeover of rival company US-based Reebok....
Mike Skinner, who fronts UK urban music act The Streets, has won a deal to be the new face of US sportswear giant Reebok....
The world's second-biggest sportswear maker, adidas-Salomon, has announced that it is buying smaller rival Reebok in a deal worth €3.1 billion....
L&M Resources Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Victory Capital Holdings Corporation, has bought the sales and distribution rights to the Reebok Retro Sports Tee Shirt line for all of Mexico and South...
Sports goods company Reebok International Ltd has reported an increased second-quarter profit, encouraged by good international sales....
Global sportswear company Reebok has netted a long-term partnership deal with multi platinum-selling hip-hop music star Nelly....
Reebok Norway AS, the Norwegian unit of sportswear company Reebok, saw 2004 turnover almost half from 2002 turnover....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report