US: Reef hires Cooke to lead footwear business
Cooke will be responsible for footwear product strategies
US surfwear brand Reef has appointed Tom Cooke to the newly-created position of vice president of footwear as it looks to drive growth in the category.
Cooke will be responsible for footwear product strategies and will oversee men's and women's footwear, including product management, design and development teams. He will report to Reef president Jeff Moore.
The company said the appointment is part of a new footwear executive structure and will support its strategic plan of driving growth in its sandal and closed-toe footwear businesses.
Cooke joins Reef from footwear label Vans, where he most recently served as director of footwear for its core channel, which included the syndicate, pro-skate, surf and OTW footwear lines.
A month after unveiling its new five-year growth plan, VF Corporation chairman and CEO Eric Wiseman said the company was "right on track" when unveiling a healthy set of second quarter results....
VF Corp saw second quarter adjusted net income rise on the back of growing margins and rising sales. ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack