FINLAND: Reima And Nokia To Release 'Smart' Jacket
Finnish leisure wear company Reima has worked with Nokia, the Tammerfors Technical College, and the University of Lapland to develop a range of smart clothing based on GSM-technology. The latest invention is the Smart Shout series, reports Dagens Industri, the Swedish daily. It is a jacket that acts as a hands free set for mobile phone and SMS messages. The idea is to be able to make and receive mobile phone calls, and to talk as normal. The microphone and loudspeaker are integrated into the jacket. Price for the jacket will be around £400. So far the jacket only works with a limited number of Nokia models, 7110, 6210 and 6250. The company has been in touch with Ericsson and Motorola to discuss the possibility of working together. Product development work on Reima Smart Shout will continue somewhat longer than predicted, the company said yesterday. The delay is partly due to the worldwide shortage on components. The product is now expected to be in shops in August 2001.Other smart clothes made by Reima are designed for extreme arctic conditions. They act as a surveillance station, which measures the wearer's state of health.For more information, visit Reima's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts