FINLAND: Reima And Nokia To Release 'Smart' Jacket
Finnish leisure wear company Reima has worked with Nokia, the Tammerfors Technical College, and the University of Lapland to develop a range of smart clothing based on GSM-technology. The latest invention is the Smart Shout series, reports Dagens Industri, the Swedish daily. It is a jacket that acts as a hands free set for mobile phone and SMS messages. The idea is to be able to make and receive mobile phone calls, and to talk as normal. The microphone and loudspeaker are integrated into the jacket. Price for the jacket will be around £400. So far the jacket only works with a limited number of Nokia models, 7110, 6210 and 6250. The company has been in touch with Ericsson and Motorola to discuss the possibility of working together. Product development work on Reima Smart Shout will continue somewhat longer than predicted, the company said yesterday. The delay is partly due to the worldwide shortage on components. The product is now expected to be in shops in August 2001.Other smart clothes made by Reima are designed for extreme arctic conditions. They act as a surveillance station, which measures the wearer's state of health.For more information, visit Reima's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack