CANADA: Reitmans Posts Big Jump In Q1 Profit
Women's apparel chain Reitmans (Canada) Ltd of Montreal on Thursday posted a 21 per cent jump in first quarter earnings on the back of an eight per cent climb in total sales. The operator of 627 outlets under the Reitmans, Smart Set, Penningtons, Dalmys and RW & Co brands, said net income for the 13-week period reached $5.1 million with sales up to $126m from $116.3m in the year-ago quarter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores