INDIA: Reliance Retail 9-month sales climb 44%
In the period to the end of December, turnover reached INR77.49bn (US$1.4bn), a 44% increase on the prior year period.
The retailer said it continued its store expansion across value and speciality formats in the period and experienced "strong" same store sales growth ranging from 10% to 25% across all formats over the last year.
At the end of December, Reliance operated around 1,400 stores in 129 cities across India.
During the period, Reliance Brands opened the first Indian stores for international brands SuperDry, Thomas Pink and Kenneth Cole.
- Software solutions enhance speed and visibility
- Portugal footwear makers underpin industry growth
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Texprocess & Techtextil 2015: Material innovations
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- China to reduce apparel import taxes
- Q1 apparel results in brief: DSW, Chico's
- New black dye meets sustainability standards
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- Cotton USA brand launched in India