INDIA: Reliance Retail FY sales up 34%
India’s Reliance Retail posted a 34% revenue rise in the year to 31 March, boosted by the opening of more than 200 new stores and robust like-for-like sales growth.
The company said a “strong performance” from its fashion and lifestyle sector had helped lift full-year revenues to INR144.96bn, with like-for-like sales rising by as much as 23% and pre-tax profit reaching INR3.63bn.
Meanwhile, Reliance’s joint venture with UK fashion retailer Marks & Spencer had enjoyed record sales and robust growth, the company said.
Reliance Retail fourth quarter revenues rose 19% to INR36.39bn, with Reliance Industries chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani hailing the turnaround in the business, which is now India’s leading retailer.
During the year, Reliance opened 225 new stores, bringing its total portfolio to 1,691 outlets in 146 cities.
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Department stores remained the only mixed retailers format present in India at the end of the review period. Other mixed retailers categories such as mass merchandisers, variety stores and warehouse c...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Comment: TPP winners and losers
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA (MC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review