INDIA: Reliance Retail FY sales up 34%
India’s Reliance Retail posted a 34% revenue rise in the year to 31 March, boosted by the opening of more than 200 new stores and robust like-for-like sales growth.
The company said a “strong performance” from its fashion and lifestyle sector had helped lift full-year revenues to INR144.96bn, with like-for-like sales rising by as much as 23% and pre-tax profit reaching INR3.63bn.
Meanwhile, Reliance’s joint venture with UK fashion retailer Marks & Spencer had enjoyed record sales and robust growth, the company said.
Reliance Retail fourth quarter revenues rose 19% to INR36.39bn, with Reliance Industries chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani hailing the turnaround in the business, which is now India’s leading retailer.
During the year, Reliance opened 225 new stores, bringing its total portfolio to 1,691 outlets in 146 cities.
Department stores remained the only mixed retailers format present in India at the end of the review period. Other mixed retailers categories such as mass merchandisers, variety stores and warehouse c...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024