INDIA: Reliance Retail FY sales up 34%
India’s Reliance Retail posted a 34% revenue rise in the year to 31 March, boosted by the opening of more than 200 new stores and robust like-for-like sales growth.
The company said a “strong performance” from its fashion and lifestyle sector had helped lift full-year revenues to INR144.96bn, with like-for-like sales rising by as much as 23% and pre-tax profit reaching INR3.63bn.
Meanwhile, Reliance’s joint venture with UK fashion retailer Marks & Spencer had enjoyed record sales and robust growth, the company said.
Reliance Retail fourth quarter revenues rose 19% to INR36.39bn, with Reliance Industries chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani hailing the turnaround in the business, which is now India’s leading retailer.
During the year, Reliance opened 225 new stores, bringing its total portfolio to 1,691 outlets in 146 cities.
Reliance Industries Limited (RELIANCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been ...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- H&M calls for annual wage reviews in Bangladesh
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020