INDIA: Reliance Retail FY sales up 34%
India’s Reliance Retail posted a 34% revenue rise in the year to 31 March, boosted by the opening of more than 200 new stores and robust like-for-like sales growth.
The company said a “strong performance” from its fashion and lifestyle sector had helped lift full-year revenues to INR144.96bn, with like-for-like sales rising by as much as 23% and pre-tax profit reaching INR3.63bn.
Meanwhile, Reliance’s joint venture with UK fashion retailer Marks & Spencer had enjoyed record sales and robust growth, the company said.
Reliance Retail fourth quarter revenues rose 19% to INR36.39bn, with Reliance Industries chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani hailing the turnaround in the business, which is now India’s leading retailer.
During the year, Reliance opened 225 new stores, bringing its total portfolio to 1,691 outlets in 146 cities.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Reliance Industries Limited (RELIANCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been ...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies