INDIA: Reliance Retail FY sales up 34%
India’s Reliance Retail posted a 34% revenue rise in the year to 31 March, boosted by the opening of more than 200 new stores and robust like-for-like sales growth.
The company said a “strong performance” from its fashion and lifestyle sector had helped lift full-year revenues to INR144.96bn, with like-for-like sales rising by as much as 23% and pre-tax profit reaching INR3.63bn.
Meanwhile, Reliance’s joint venture with UK fashion retailer Marks & Spencer had enjoyed record sales and robust growth, the company said.
Reliance Retail fourth quarter revenues rose 19% to INR36.39bn, with Reliance Industries chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani hailing the turnaround in the business, which is now India’s leading retailer.
During the year, Reliance opened 225 new stores, bringing its total portfolio to 1,691 outlets in 146 cities.
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Department stores remained the only mixed retailers format present in India at the end of the review period. Other mixed retailers categories such as mass merchandisers, variety stores and warehouse c...
Internet retailing continued to expand rapidly in the UK in 2013 as sales made from tablets and smartphones drove much of this growth. Multichannel retailing has become a central plank of the overall ...
The UK’s department stores are investing in the modernisation of their outlets with the aim of making them more attractive to consumers and incorporate aspects of multichannel retailing more effective...
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015