INDIA: Reliance Retail Q3 turnover jumps 38%
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 38% jump in third-quarter turnover, helped by an "accelerated performance" from its fashion and lifestyle business.
Turnover reached INR39.27bn (US$637.6m) during the third quarter to the end of December, compared to INR28.39bn in the same period of the previous year. The business recorded a like-for-like sales growth of up to 21% across various store formats.
The company's fashion and lifestyle sector delivered an "accelerated performance" during the quarter. Its joint venture with Marks & Spencer continued to grow by opening its largest standalone flagship store in India.
For the nine months to December, Reliance Retail's turnover reached INR108.57bn, up 40% on INR77.49bn in the prior year.
The company operates 1,577 stores across 141 cities in India.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were William E Connor, chairman and CEO of William E Connor & Associates; Crystal Group's CEO Andrew Lo; Helena Helmersson, head of su...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report