INDIA: Reliance Retail Q3 turnover jumps 38%
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has recorded a 38% jump in third-quarter turnover, helped by an "accelerated performance" from its fashion and lifestyle business.
Turnover reached INR39.27bn (US$637.6m) during the third quarter to the end of December, compared to INR28.39bn in the same period of the previous year. The business recorded a like-for-like sales growth of up to 21% across various store formats.
The company's fashion and lifestyle sector delivered an "accelerated performance" during the quarter. Its joint venture with Marks & Spencer continued to grow by opening its largest standalone flagship store in India.
For the nine months to December, Reliance Retail's turnover reached INR108.57bn, up 40% on INR77.49bn in the prior year.
The company operates 1,577 stores across 141 cities in India.
Reliance Industries Limited (RELIANCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been ...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead