INDIA: Reliance to strike retail deal with Liz Claiborne?
The agreement would see Reliance Retail, the consumer and retail arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd, set up stores for Liz Claiborne's brands in India.
Under Indian retail laws, overseas firms that sell a single brand name are allowed to hold up to 51% in the venture.
In April, Reliance Retail signed a deal with UK retailer Marks & Spencer to open 50 stores in Indian cities under the Marks & Spencer banner in the next five years.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Hong Kong-based sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited has bought German apparel supplier Miles Fashion Group for US$51m, in a move that expands its business both in Europe and in value-priced products....
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
Savile Row fashion house Hardy Amies Plc has been sold to Fung Capital Europe, the private investment arm of Hong Kong sourcing giant Li & Fung, for an undisclosed sum....
Women's wear retailer Liz Claiborne has signed a new sourcing deal for its Mexx Europe retail brand with Hong Kong-based consumer goods exporter Li & Fung....
Women's wear retailer Liz Claiborne has posted a Q3 net loss of US$69m, compared to net income of $33m in the same quarter last year, amid short-term expenses related to brands it has sold, discontinu...
Alexander McQueen is to design a range for US value fashion chain Target as part of a new programme launched by the retailer to team up with leading fashion designers....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
The man in charge of US women's wear giant Liz Claiborne is preparing his remaining portfolio of fashion brands for an onslaught of consumer demands following the financial crisis, just-style heard in...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report