CHINA: Relocation lures exhibitors to Intertextile Shanghai
The relocation of the Intertextile Apparel Fabrics show from Beijing to Shanghai has led to a surge in the number of exhibitor countries, organisers say.
The spring edition of the Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics fair takes place from 3-5 March at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center, and has so far attracted 1,400 apparel fabric and accessories suppliers from 23 countries and regions.
The increase in international exhibitors is partly attributed to Shanghai's location at the centre of the Yangtze River Delta textile manufacturing hub.
Large numbers of overseas visitors are also expected to attend due to the international textile companies who have offices in the city and manufacturing plants in surrounding areas.
Nearly 230 yarn and fibre exhibitors will also participate at the Yarn Expo Pavilion, a designated fibre and yarn exhibition area within the event.
Wendy Wen, senior general manager of organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, also points out that holding the fair at the beginning of March coincides with spring's peak sourcing time.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024