CHINA: Relocation lures exhibitors to Intertextile Shanghai
The relocation of the Intertextile Apparel Fabrics show from Beijing to Shanghai has led to a surge in the number of exhibitor countries, organisers say.
The spring edition of the Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics fair takes place from 3-5 March at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center, and has so far attracted 1,400 apparel fabric and accessories suppliers from 23 countries and regions.
The increase in international exhibitors is partly attributed to Shanghai's location at the centre of the Yangtze River Delta textile manufacturing hub.
Large numbers of overseas visitors are also expected to attend due to the international textile companies who have offices in the city and manufacturing plants in surrounding areas.
Nearly 230 yarn and fibre exhibitors will also participate at the Yarn Expo Pavilion, a designated fibre and yarn exhibition area within the event.
Wendy Wen, senior general manager of organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, also points out that holding the fair at the beginning of March coincides with spring's peak sourcing time.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019