CHINA: Relocation lures exhibitors to Intertextile Shanghai
The relocation of the Intertextile Apparel Fabrics show from Beijing to Shanghai has led to a surge in the number of exhibitor countries, organisers say.
The spring edition of the Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics fair takes place from 3-5 March at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center, and has so far attracted 1,400 apparel fabric and accessories suppliers from 23 countries and regions.
The increase in international exhibitors is partly attributed to Shanghai's location at the centre of the Yangtze River Delta textile manufacturing hub.
Large numbers of overseas visitors are also expected to attend due to the international textile companies who have offices in the city and manufacturing plants in surrounding areas.
Nearly 230 yarn and fibre exhibitors will also participate at the Yarn Expo Pavilion, a designated fibre and yarn exhibition area within the event.
Wendy Wen, senior general manager of organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, also points out that holding the fair at the beginning of March coincides with spring's peak sourcing time.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020