CHINA: Relocation lures exhibitors to Intertextile Shanghai
The relocation of the Intertextile Apparel Fabrics show from Beijing to Shanghai has led to a surge in the number of exhibitor countries, organisers say.
The spring edition of the Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics fair takes place from 3-5 March at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center, and has so far attracted 1,400 apparel fabric and accessories suppliers from 23 countries and regions.
The increase in international exhibitors is partly attributed to Shanghai's location at the centre of the Yangtze River Delta textile manufacturing hub.
Large numbers of overseas visitors are also expected to attend due to the international textile companies who have offices in the city and manufacturing plants in surrounding areas.
Nearly 230 yarn and fibre exhibitors will also participate at the Yarn Expo Pavilion, a designated fibre and yarn exhibition area within the event.
Wendy Wen, senior general manager of organiser Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, also points out that holding the fair at the beginning of March coincides with spring's peak sourcing time.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey