JAPAN: Renown to discontinue 10-15 brands?
Japanese apparel maker Renown Inc is to close up to a quarter of its 62 clothing brands in fiscal 2008 according to local press reports last week.
In an interview with The Nikkei, the company's new president Minoru Nakamura revealed that 10-15 unprofitable apparel brands will be discontinued.
"The company will focus instead on core brands, such as the D'urban line for men and women's apparel line, ensuite," he said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese fashion firm Renown Inc is looking to sell 50% of French Connection's Japanese subsidiary back to the UK company....
Japanese apparel company Renown Inc is selling its remaining trademarks in UK men's wear firm Kent & Curwen to Hong Kong clothing group Trinity....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective