INDIA: Report Reveals Crisis Facing Textile Industry
A hard-hitting report today revealed the full extent of the crisis facing India's textile industry with scores of mills closing, hundreds of thousands of jobs axed and officials accused of mismanagement. The textile ministry study blames the crisis on outdated technology, rising costs, labour shortages and disruptions, and difficulties obtaining low-cost credit and finance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth