USA: Repositioning Pays Off For Nautica
Nautica Enterprises - licensee of numerous products including tailored clothing, fragrances, neckwear, dress shirts, children's wear, and accessories - has announced it is discontinuing sales of its NST sportswear brand through athletic specialty chain stores.
Nautica is evaluating the brand's positioning in other channels as well, allowing the company to focus resources on its faster-growing divisions.
The company's focus on positioning is serving it well. Its sales growth over the past two years has topped 13 per cent. To what does Nautica attribute this success? Classic designs, a brand positioning that's aspirational, yet approachable, and a growing product selection through careful licensing resulting in a 91 per cent brand awareness among Nautica's target audience.
Companies: VF Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Turkish denim industry has many competitive advantages in the international market, particularly in terms of its quality, extensive product range and designs. Denim accounts for 30 per cent of Tur...
Ranked as one of Thailand's top three textile producers and the country's seventh largest garment maker with a 2003 sales turnover of US$46 million, the Nan Yang Textile Group is one of only a handful...
AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour has announced a multi-year sponsorship agreement making Nautica the Official Apparel sponsor of the AVP Tour....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Peter Arnold has been named president of men's goods business John Varvatos Enterprises Inc....
Global lifestyle brand Nautica has signed a deal with lifestyle sports entertainment company AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour Inc to be the official sponsor of volleyball touring series the AVP Nissan Se...
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar