AUSTRALIA: Researchers Create Fridge Vest For Emergency Workers
Scientists in Australia have come up with a new design of vest for soldiers and emergency workers that will keep them cool while working in hot conditions or wearing layers of protective clothing. Nuclear, biological, chemical and other protective uniforms all prevent the body from cooling itself naturally through perspiration, but the new vest pipes body heat through vapour filled cavities into the atmosphere aided by an evaporative cooling heat exchanger.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores