US: Restoration Hardware to expand into apparel
High end home-furnishings retailer Restoration Hardware is to expand into apparel, accessories, footwear and jewellery as part of reorganisation plans aimed at setting the business up for future growth.
Current chairman and co-CEO Gary Friedman will become the founder, chairman, and CEO with control of the new company, called Hierarchy, which will develop the new lines.
Restoration Hardware will own a minority stake, but will also have the exclusive right to acquire each of the new businesses when they reach an appropriate level of maturity and profitability.
As part of the changes, Friedman will serve as creator and curator at Restoration Hardware, with a focus on strategy, creative, and design direction. The former William-Sonoma and Gap Inc executive will also remain its largest individual shareholder.
Carlos Alberini, co-CEO of Restoration Hardware, will become the sole CEO of the home-furnishings firm, while J Michael Chu, a managing partner at private equity firm Catterton Partners, will become chairman.
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% increase in January comparable store sales thanks to continued momentum in its North American businesses....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to close two distribution centres in Hebron, Kentucky in a move aimed at driving efficiency, but will also put 350 jobs at risk....
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015