US: Restoration Hardware to expand into apparel
High end home-furnishings retailer Restoration Hardware is to expand into apparel, accessories, footwear and jewellery as part of reorganisation plans aimed at setting the business up for future growth.
Current chairman and co-CEO Gary Friedman will become the founder, chairman, and CEO with control of the new company, called Hierarchy, which will develop the new lines.
Restoration Hardware will own a minority stake, but will also have the exclusive right to acquire each of the new businesses when they reach an appropriate level of maturity and profitability.
As part of the changes, Friedman will serve as creator and curator at Restoration Hardware, with a focus on strategy, creative, and design direction. The former William-Sonoma and Gap Inc executive will also remain its largest individual shareholder.
Carlos Alberini, co-CEO of Restoration Hardware, will become the sole CEO of the home-furnishings firm, while J Michael Chu, a managing partner at private equity firm Catterton Partners, will become chairman.
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% increase in January comparable store sales thanks to continued momentum in its North American businesses....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc is to close two distribution centres in Hebron, Kentucky in a move aimed at driving efficiency, but will also put 350 jobs at risk....
US children's wear retailer The Gymboree Corp has poached a second executive from specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc in the space of a week, appointing Evan Price as its new chief financial officer....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields