INDIA: Retail expansion fuels Bata India FY profit
- FY profit up 20.8% to INR17.16bn
- Net sales up 19.5% to INR184.12bn
- MD pledges to continue retail expansion in 2013
Footwear business Bata India posted strong double-digit increases in full-year net profit and sales in 2012, boosted by the company’s continued retail and wholesale expansion.
Bata opened or relocated 152 stores in 2012 and said it will continue to add new outlets in 2013.
Meanwhile, it said wholesale had continued to grow, adding new customers in unrepresented towns, adding that its Branding, Institutional, Safety and Exports divisions had also continued their expansion.
“We have continued on our strategy of expanding our retail footprint, improving our merchandising and coming up with newer and better designs,” said Rajeev Gopalakrishnan, group MD.
“We maintained the focus on our product quality and comfort.”
Indian footwear group Bata has seen second-quarter net income increase on rising sales. ...
In 2012 the company continued to focus on increasing and expanding its outlets network and reach. The company opened 61, 35 and 33 new outlets in the first, second and third quarter of 2012 respective...
Bata AS is concentrating on remaining one of the leading players in footwear on the Czech market. It is further active in getting new members of its popular Bata Club which creates loyal customers and...
Over the forecast period, Bata Shoe is expected to continue to expand its range of footwear products as well as increase its selection of clothing accessories so as to cater to the different needs and...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile