INDIA: Retail expansion fuels Bata India FY profit
- FY profit up 20.8% to INR17.16bn
- Net sales up 19.5% to INR184.12bn
- MD pledges to continue retail expansion in 2013
Footwear business Bata India posted strong double-digit increases in full-year net profit and sales in 2012, boosted by the company’s continued retail and wholesale expansion.
Bata opened or relocated 152 stores in 2012 and said it will continue to add new outlets in 2013.
Meanwhile, it said wholesale had continued to grow, adding new customers in unrepresented towns, adding that its Branding, Institutional, Safety and Exports divisions had also continued their expansion.
“We have continued on our strategy of expanding our retail footprint, improving our merchandising and coming up with newer and better designs,” said Rajeev Gopalakrishnan, group MD.
“We maintained the focus on our product quality and comfort.”
Indian footwear group Bata has seen second-quarter net income increase on rising sales. ...
In 2012 the company continued to focus on increasing and expanding its outlets network and reach. The company opened 61, 35 and 33 new outlets in the first, second and third quarter of 2012 respective...
Bata AS is concentrating on remaining one of the leading players in footwear on the Czech market. It is further active in getting new members of its popular Bata Club which creates loyal customers and...
Over the forecast period, Bata Shoe is expected to continue to expand its range of footwear products as well as increase its selection of clothing accessories so as to cater to the different needs and...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam