INDIA: Retail expansion fuels Bata India FY profit
- FY profit up 20.8% to INR17.16bn
- Net sales up 19.5% to INR184.12bn
- MD pledges to continue retail expansion in 2013
Footwear business Bata India posted strong double-digit increases in full-year net profit and sales in 2012, boosted by the company’s continued retail and wholesale expansion.
Bata opened or relocated 152 stores in 2012 and said it will continue to add new outlets in 2013.
Meanwhile, it said wholesale had continued to grow, adding new customers in unrepresented towns, adding that its Branding, Institutional, Safety and Exports divisions had also continued their expansion.
“We have continued on our strategy of expanding our retail footprint, improving our merchandising and coming up with newer and better designs,” said Rajeev Gopalakrishnan, group MD.
“We maintained the focus on our product quality and comfort.”
Indian footwear group Bata has seen second-quarter net income increase on rising sales. ...
In 2012 the company continued to focus on increasing and expanding its outlets network and reach. The company opened 61, 35 and 33 new outlets in the first, second and third quarter of 2012 respective...
Bata AS is concentrating on remaining one of the leading players in footwear on the Czech market. It is further active in getting new members of its popular Bata Club which creates loyal customers and...
Over the forecast period, Bata Shoe is expected to continue to expand its range of footwear products as well as increase its selection of clothing accessories so as to cater to the different needs and...
To maintain its leading position in apparel specialist retailers, Bata Ltd is diversifying its product portfolio in order to cater to all the footwear needs of Kenyans. It claims to have a product for...
In 2012 clothing accessories saw a modest decrease of 1% in both volume and current value terms. Women in total purchased more accessories than men. Czech women further like to add numerous accessorie...
In recent years, tights had to compete against leggings, especially in the winter, when leggings were chosen as a fashionable substitute for thick tights. Tights are typically a seasonal product, and ...
Footwear decreased by 2% in current value terms in 2012. The unit price of footwear slightly increased in 2012 mainly because of higher production costs. Since the crisis, footwear has performed sligh...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms