USA: Retail Fraud Detection System A Hit With Sears
Sears, Roebuck and Co (NYSE:S) is extending its contract with HNC Software Inc, the company that supplies its retail fraud detection system. The Falcon(™) system, from HNC subsidiary HNC Financial Solutions, protects more than 60 million Sears credit accounts.Due to the significant reduction in fraud losses, the nation's largest retail card issuer renewed its agreement with HNC to protect its retail card portfolio, which includes the Sears Card and Sears Premier Card. "We have been pleased with the performance of our Falcon Retail system over the past three years, and we see value in continuing our relationship with HNC through this new long-term arrangement," said Bill Redmond, director of fraud and bankruptcy management for Sears Credit. As part of the agreement, Sears will implement an additional, credit card-specific Falcon model to protect its forthcoming co-branded MasterCard offering against fraud. Sears will also explore expanding its use of the Falcon system for fraud protection in its e-commerce operations. "We see our relationship with HNC resulting in continued refinements as we apply Falcon's proven fraud detection technology to these additional domains," added Redmond. Using retail-specific statistical models developed with HNC's proprietary neural network technology, Falcon Retail can determine the probability of fraud with each card transaction. When the probability of fraud reaches a critical threshold, Falcon Retail can either block the transaction at the point of sale or send the case to one of the retailer's fraud analysts for action.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar