US: Retail planning tool to support Urban Outfitters growth
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters, owner of the Anthropologie and Free People brands, has invested in retail planning software to support its online and international growth.
The TXT tool will help Urban Outfitters manage strategic, merchandise planning, store grading, open to buy (OTB) and assortment planning both pre-season and in-season.
Planning teams will be able to create and manage their planning processes and OTB across the brands and channels, and use this information to suggest the framework of an assortment plan for buyers.
Urban Outfitters chief administrative officer Calvin Hollinger said: "The rapid international and multichannel growth we are experiencing creates new levels of complexity from a planning and assortment standpoint.
"We need a solution to help us accurately plan inventory across our many product categories, channels and growing international business, then translate that demand into effective buying, merchandise and assortment plans."
A turnaround is unlikely for Urban Outfitters in the near term, analysts believe, but changes could yield incremental improvements....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam