US: Retail planning tool to support Urban Outfitters growth
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters, owner of the Anthropologie and Free People brands, has invested in retail planning software to support its online and international growth.
The TXT tool will help Urban Outfitters manage strategic, merchandise planning, store grading, open to buy (OTB) and assortment planning both pre-season and in-season.
Planning teams will be able to create and manage their planning processes and OTB across the brands and channels, and use this information to suggest the framework of an assortment plan for buyers.
Urban Outfitters chief administrative officer Calvin Hollinger said: "The rapid international and multichannel growth we are experiencing creates new levels of complexity from a planning and assortment standpoint.
"We need a solution to help us accurately plan inventory across our many product categories, channels and growing international business, then translate that demand into effective buying, merchandise and assortment plans."
Urban Outfitters, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service o...
Synopsis Canadean's "Urban Outfitters, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade