US: Retail planning tool to support Urban Outfitters growth
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters, owner of the Anthropologie and Free People brands, has invested in retail planning software to support its online and international growth.
The TXT tool will help Urban Outfitters manage strategic, merchandise planning, store grading, open to buy (OTB) and assortment planning both pre-season and in-season.
Planning teams will be able to create and manage their planning processes and OTB across the brands and channels, and use this information to suggest the framework of an assortment plan for buyers.
Urban Outfitters chief administrative officer Calvin Hollinger said: "The rapid international and multichannel growth we are experiencing creates new levels of complexity from a planning and assortment standpoint.
"We need a solution to help us accurately plan inventory across our many product categories, channels and growing international business, then translate that demand into effective buying, merchandise and assortment plans."
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry