US: Retail planning tool to support Urban Outfitters growth
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters, owner of the Anthropologie and Free People brands, has invested in retail planning software to support its online and international growth.
The TXT tool will help Urban Outfitters manage strategic, merchandise planning, store grading, open to buy (OTB) and assortment planning both pre-season and in-season.
Planning teams will be able to create and manage their planning processes and OTB across the brands and channels, and use this information to suggest the framework of an assortment plan for buyers.
Urban Outfitters chief administrative officer Calvin Hollinger said: "The rapid international and multichannel growth we are experiencing creates new levels of complexity from a planning and assortment standpoint.
"We need a solution to help us accurately plan inventory across our many product categories, channels and growing international business, then translate that demand into effective buying, merchandise and assortment plans."
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- American Apparel exits bankruptcy
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024