US: Retail planning tool to support Urban Outfitters growth
Lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters, owner of the Anthropologie and Free People brands, has invested in retail planning software to support its online and international growth.
The TXT tool will help Urban Outfitters manage strategic, merchandise planning, store grading, open to buy (OTB) and assortment planning both pre-season and in-season.
Planning teams will be able to create and manage their planning processes and OTB across the brands and channels, and use this information to suggest the framework of an assortment plan for buyers.
Urban Outfitters chief administrative officer Calvin Hollinger said: "The rapid international and multichannel growth we are experiencing creates new levels of complexity from a planning and assortment standpoint.
"We need a solution to help us accurately plan inventory across our many product categories, channels and growing international business, then translate that demand into effective buying, merchandise and assortment plans."
A turnaround is unlikely for Urban Outfitters in the near term, analysts believe, but changes could yield incremental improvements....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP