INDIA: Retail Revolution On The Way For India - Report
The Indian retail industry is on the verge of a revolution with savvy apparel businesses in line for anywhere up to $250m - $500m in sales according to a report published by leading consultancy McKinsey.India is lagging behind other developing economies, said the report. In many of these countries, the organised retail segment (including apparel and food) already has a 40 per cent share of the market compared with India's two per cent. But the situation is already beginning to change.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores