UK: Retail Sales Jump 7.6 Per Cent In August
The British Retail Consortium on Tuesday revealed a 4.8 per cent year-on-year jump in like-for-like August sales as a late summer sales burst and steady clothing sector growth boosted results.
The trade group said total sales rose 7.6 per cent last month from 2001, up from 6.5 per cent in July but said retailer should not get too excited just yet.
BRC chief economic adviser, Bridget Rosewell, warned: "We remain concerned about the potential for a sharper slowdown and a loss of confidence by consumers which could easily produce a very difficult time for retailers."
Retailers will be forced to absorb the cost of supporting Italian shoemakers if EU duties on Chinese shoes go ahead, British Retail Consortium director Alisdair Gray said....
The British Retail Consortium has lashed out against the EU's decision to refuse market-economy status to China's footwear makers, claiming it is the first step to unnecessary anti-dumping duties....
UK retail sales showed an improved like-for-like gain during December, but clothing sales took a downturn, according to the latest report from the British Retail Consortium....
UK retailers have enjoyed their first same-store sales growth since March, with colder weather driving up clothing and footwear sales, according to a report by the British Retail Consortium....
Chancellor Gordon Brown has revealed a plan to slash red tape for UK businesses to allow greater flexibility, in a move that may help alleviate fears over stifling EU bureaucracy....
British Retail Consortium director general Dr Kevin Hawkins has lashed out at comments on shoplifting made by Lord Justice Rose in the Court of Appeal....
Same-store high-street sales have fallen for the seventh month in a row as unseasonably warm weather hurt demand for winter clothing and footwear....
UK retailers could be losing millions of pounds off the bottom line due to poor communications between head office and the front line, according to an industry report from Retail Performance Specialis...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack