US: Retail Ventures posts 0.8% full-year sales decline
Filene's Basement operator Retail Ventures has posted a 0.8% fall in annual sales to US$3.04bn, with the company's same-store sales rising 0.3% during the year.
The company said that quarterly sales decreased 11.9% to $769.9m from $874.0m for the 14 weeks ended 3 February.
Its quarterly same-store sales decreased 0.1% compared to the comparable 13-week period last year.
Retail Ventures operates 36 Filene's Basement stores and 259 DSW. DSW also supplies shoes, under supply arrangements, to 342 locations for other non-related retailers in the US.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With a trademark trench coat, Equestrian Knight logo and registered check pattern, Burberry is dressed for battle in the luxury goods market. This week the group posted healthy quarterly sales growth ...
New retail space contributed to a double-digit second quarter revenue rise at Cabela's, but profit was cut by more than US$4m....
Jones Apparel Group Inc has swung to a second quarter profit of $10.6m, from a loss of $47.1m in the same period last year, helped by the launch of its l.e.i. brand at Wal-Mart and advances at its ret...
Luxury footwear and accessories brand Coach Inc today (29 July) posted higher fourth quarter and full year profit gains helped by higher sales and a tax gain, but said it expects the consumer malaise ...
Third quarter profit at maternity wear retailer Mothers Work Inc has quadrupled, helped by higher same-store and internet sales despite the weak overall economic and retail environment....
Value-priced men's wear retailer S&K Famous Brands Inc has hired a turnaround firm to sell off non-core assets and help it refocus its business on more fashion-oriented products, and said it has axed ...
Second quarter profit at specialty women's wear retailer Cache Inc has soared by 63.9% after improved pricing and the acquisition of Adrienne Victoria Designs pushed sales up by 4.1%....
Third quarter profit at Charlotte Russe Holding Inc has fallen 34.6% on lower sales, but the value-priced teen apparel retailer managed to deliver earnings at the low end of its guidance....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022