US: Retail Ventures Q3 profit slashed to $8m
Retail Ventures saw its third quarter profit slashed to US$8m from $82.4m for the same period last year, despite a rise in sales.
The company, which operates the DSW and Filene's Basement chains, recorded a 2.9% increase in sales to $503.5m in the period to 1 November, although same store sales were down 3.3%.
DSW's third quarter sales were up to $391.4m from $367.4m last year, but Filene's Basement's revenues dropped to $112.2m from $122m.
The chains' same store sales were down 4.1% and 1% respectively. For the first nine months of the fiscal year, Retail Ventures' profit was $48m, down from $211.1m last year.
Total sales were up 0.7% to $1.43bn, while same store sales decreased 4.2%.
For the nine months, DSW revenues were $1.11bn, up from $1.07bn for the same period last year. Filene's Basement sales were $314.8m, down from $346.8m last year.
DSW's same store sales were down 5.5%, while Filene's Basement was flat.
Branded footwear retailer DSW Inc has seen its first quarter profit fall 31% on lower sales at its stores....
Branded footwear retailer DSW Inc has named Michael MacDonald as president and chief executive officer, taking over from Jay Schottenstein who is staying on as chairman....
Footwear retailer DSW has announced a net loss of US$7.5m for the fourth quarter, compared with net income of $1.1m in the same period last year, and slashed capital expenditure for the year ahead....
Footwear retailer DSW Inc and online rival Zappos have settled a lawsuit over the alleged misuse of trademarks on the web....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020