US: Retail Ventures sells Filene's Basement to liquidator
US fashion group Retail Ventures (RVI) has announced the disposition of its Filene's Basement subsidiary to FB II Acquisition, a newly formed entity owned by liquidation firm Buxbaum Group.
Filene's Basement has recently experienced significant liquidity problems, and in January Retail Ventures closed 11 of its 36 stores nationwide after landlords were unwilling to renegotiate leases on some of its weaker locations.
Filene's Basement has retained Pachulski, Stang, Ziehl & Jones LLP as counsel and Alan Cohen as chief restructuring officer, a statement said.
RVI will not realise any proceeds from the transaction.
RVI's guarantee of all of Filene's Basement's obligations under its secured credit agreement, which currently has a balance of $14.2m, will continue notwithstanding today's disposition, Retail Ventures said. The retail group has an arrangement with lenders under which it has agreed to acquire a $7.5m 'Last Out Participation'.
Off-price retailer Syms Corp has announced a net loss of US$9.7m as compared to $1.3m in the prior year period, as it looks to turn around 23 Filene's Basement stores....
Off-price retailer Retail Ventures Inc has seen swung to a second quarter loss on lower sales at its DSW shoe stores....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack